Friday, May 21, 2004

 
Bush talks to students: My two minutes of hell.

Okay, so I only caught about 2 minutes of Bush's speech to LSU this morning, but in those two minutes, I heard enough to stop my ears and drop my tea on the ground--making a big mess in the pantry, which I left for the next person to clean up.

During those two minutes, Mr. Prezzie made only about two points: (now, I've paraphrased, because I can't remember the exact wording)

1: It's important to choose your friends wisely: the people you're associated with have a tendency of rubbing off on you

2: The only way to defeat evil is by rooting yourself in your beliefs and holding steadfast in a plan of action.

Fascinating, really, that he would use THOSE as two important points. Lets go over the facts for a minute here…

Point 1.

People we're associated with. Aren't Mr. Bush's friends the former Enron executives who have all been indicted? Great decisions there, Dubya. And your pal, Donald Rumsfeld, for some reason you're holding on to him as if your life depends on it, though he's at the center of the biggest PR nightmare you've faced since you've come into office. Why associate yourself with him?

Theflip-sidee to this, why are OTHER people associating themselves with him? I've got a joke for you that I saw on a comic strip yesterday:

What does Colin Powell's wife say to him every morning?

"don't forget to take your spine out!"

Why is he still with the Bush Administration? Guh, it's depressing to watch a man we all had so much hope for being completely eaten by evil.

Point 2.

It's not surprising that he suggests that it's good to stick to one's guns. That's what he's done throughout his term. What's interesting to me is that he would suggest that to students. It reminds me of the southpark episode 'the succubus' where Chef's girlfriend keeps singing this song and the kids realize that that's what it's going to take to destroy her, to use her ugly-ass folk song against her. In that same way, Bush is giving the young the tools to destroy him, but does he realize it? The young are the ones that hate him the most, it would appear.

On that same note, I read a very disturbing article in Rolling Stone yesterday (yeah, I know--shutup.). Seriously, though, it was scary. It seems that small college towns (like my home town) are denying college students the right to get registered to vote in the cities that they live, some even using scare tactics and blatantly illegal bullying to scare off young voters. The problem is, of course, two fold as it disenfranchises the students from the political system AND it tells them that it has to be difficult. Woah, sucky.

I've been reading a lot of random websites lately, including the Heritage foundation's website, which is evil--pure,unadulterated evil. I wish some one would make these people of pure,unadulterated evil go away, because it's full of so much pure,unadulterated evil. IMHO, of course.

In other news, I saw Super Size Me, last night. Great movie. I'm never going to eat another Big Mac as long as I live. Oh, wait: I'm already a vegitarian.

Lastly: My days at my present job are numbered. The number is 5. I wonder what I'm going to do.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives