Tuesday, May 11, 2004

 
Today: With regards to Sun & Weekend 'fun'

This past weekend was supposed to be stormy and yucky. I had, until Friday, looked at the weather for the weekend with dread and impending misery that I was going to be cheated out of the sun and nice weather again for a weekend. It turns out that the weather had other plans for the weekend and it turned into the most beautiful and relaxing I've had in a long, long while. It's funny, somehow that became the theme of the weekend. There were a lot of preconceptions that were broken down by the end of the weekend, and I must say, generally, they were pleasant surprises. Evan visited.

On Friday, after being told that I wont have a job in 3 weeks and after a dumb rehearsal, I went to see a GREAT movie: Mean Girls. I read a weak review of it in the Times and decided to go see it anyway. They were right: it didn't hold together so well. There were problems with it and characterizations that were dumb, and even a little preachiness that we all could have done without, but what the hell--it was a fuckin' funny movie and had some extremely great performances from some seriously talented young ladies. Despite the fact that it totally stole one of it's lines from Teen Girl Squad, it was still awesome. Lindsay Lohan, by the way, is great. I really like her--she's got the confidence and maturity that very, very few 17 year old actors have. I know I didn't have it at that age. I'll be looking for her to become the next uberfamous it girl--I just hope that it doesn't turn her into a bitch, because we've already seen in this film what it'll look like, and believe me, it may be funny, but it's not pretty.

Moooooving on, Saturday was all about hanging out. We hung out in the morning, then I had a rehearsal, then a class. Evan hung out while I was doing this, stewing on the argument that we were going to have at some point regarding the evening plans including dancing. We went to a restaurant called Schnack for dinner, which was cute. We had PBR when we came in and then had our argument while sipping chocolate shakes and while I drew with crayons. It's hard for me to argue how I feel about things with Evan because often I feel as though I'm a despicable person for having my own feelings about things. It's not something that anyone has to do, either. The basic thing, though, I realized, is that Evan and I just don't see eye to eye on the way that social situations work in clubs. And I'm no more right or wrong than him, just different.

After finishing our food, we hung about out in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, for a while, and Evan even said that he'd live there. W'hoo! Then we went to my house and drank really quickly while myself, Jenny and Branko battled over where we should end up. Eventually we decided on Boys Room (which I tried to find a link for, but couldn't). When we got there, I was afraid that Evan would have an attack of...body, but to my surprise, once we got downstairs and started acting like idiots, Evan seemed to have a good time. I think he understands a little more what clubs actually are to me, now, so, perhaps sometimes he'll do that now and not be afraid of them so much. Who knows--we all have our feelings about stuff when they happen. I just now know that Evan has an inner skank, too--well, I knew that he did already, it's just nice to see the skank get out once in a while.

On the way home, somehow (in my drunker than drunk state) I put us on the wrong train and made myself really angry. So angry that I started stomping around and cussing shit out. Got so angry I forgets where I stays at. Not good.

Sunday was a day of food. Had a brunch meeting. Ate food. Then went to see a show that Evan's friend's boyfriend wrote. The play was annoying, but not nearly as annoying as this guest of another friend of his. I didn't realize that people could be so young and so pompous at the same time. I really wanted to murder him. With my bare hands. In front of everyone. Right there....grrrr. But enough about him. Who thinks anyone from Columbus, Ohio is all that important anyway? I certainly don't!

Then we went and had more food, this time at Yaffa Cafe. It was good. Then we walked around more. Then we had food again, this time at Cafe Gigi, which doesn't really exist except for the fact that I eat there pretty often (you just can't find it listed...not in Zagats, not off of 411, not ANYWHERE!!--except online (HERE) Yum. Then we walked around just a tiny bit more, before going to my home.

Then I beat Evan up. With a duck.

It was a good weekend

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives