Monday, June 21, 2004

 
Today: Funkiness and Trying to cope.

There has been a mysterious funk in the air around me lately. No, it's not the fact that I haven't showered in a couple days. No, it's not the fact that I had Curry for three days in a row and am now sweating it out. It's not even the fact that I've been exclusively wearing the same pair of sandals for the past month. Dispite these facts, i'm actually smelling okay. The funk is that things just aren't right. My apartment is cleaner than it's ever been. I'm getting cast in a show, like, every other day. I've got a new job which is, besides the low pay, everything I could ask for. I'm young, in good shape. I should be happy.

But things aren't...fitting together, y'know? I'm not happy. My friends, too, aren't really happy. It's weird. There is this weird haze of not-all-together-allrightness that has been encircling the whole of my acquaintences. I just wish things were working out for everyone a little more than they're working out right now.

My friends are all having the same kinds of problems as I am, but the surroundings are idillic and the scenery is always beautiful. The conversation and everyone's stations are better than average, but still, we're upset and sleeping all the time and laying around and generally not being productive with our lives. What gives? Is this change of season thing really that big a cosmic deal?

There is a David Ives play called "the Philadelphia" which discusses a phenomenon called 'a Philadelphia' wherein a person can't actually get what they ask for or want. The only way they can get what they really want is by pretending to want something else: Burger with Fries = broccoli onion omlette with a side of rye toast-- you get the drift. That said, I feel like i've been in a communal Philadelphia with all of my friends pretty much since 2001...Funny...isn't that when Bush started as president?

No, I'm not going to harp on that today, but I just feel like something's got to change. My friends are starting to all 'need to get out' of wherever they are. Two of my friends are seriously considering leaving the city, I'm going fucking nuts and need some freshness in my life. What to do? What to do? Hmmm...

Let me know what you think.

Comments:
I'd tell ya to come visit Indianapolis because it'd make NYC look alot better by comparison, but I'm too poor to go out and do anythign these days.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives