Friday, October 15, 2004

 
Today: No news, but a lot of blabber.

It’s been another day working my little tail feathers to the bone—well, sorta. I took a nap half way through the day for about two hours. That’s hardly indicative of a hard day working, but oh well. I’m an actor: we nap, okay?

All right, so I haven’t come up with anything interesting to say today, but I’m really trying hard to work out some weird feelings I’ve been having lately.

Weird feeling number one: sticks in my back: I don’t like wicker furniture. It’s not comfortable—I don’t care who says it is.

Weird feeling number two: Will & Grace really IS a funny show. And it’s extremely well acted. I want to hate it because it’s gay (and I’ve got a very angry internal homophobe incase you didn’t know that), but I just can’t. We watch it all the time here.

Weird Feeling Number three: I wish I were more independent, emotionally. I’m a rather fragile person, when you come down to it, and though I can be strong through emotionally trying situations, the smallest stuff can make me fly off the handle (inside) and I don’t know why. A big part of this, I know, is that I don’t deal well with people in a big group. I’ve always had a problem with that. I’m just better one on one. I wish I could just be my usual self around everyone, but people think I’m being sulky when I am. I’m not, I’m just a lot more quiet than people think I am, which is, of course, my fault, because who gives them that impression? Me.

Ugh.

And the ugh wasn’t about the psychological mess I’m acting, It’s about the fact that I ripped a whole bunch of CD’s to my computer and at present, the Dixie Chicks are playing. UGH. Why did I let that happen? Guh.

Much better: Radiohead.

I’m wired and it’s 2:45 in the morning. I guess naps may not be the best thing.

Everyone in my house has gotten some kind of sick since we moved in. I keep telling them that it’s the filters on the central-air—I’m sure that’s what it is.

I’m really lonely down in Virginia Beach. It reminds me of a time when I was inconsolably lonely, the last time I was in VA for any length of time, I really didn’t know what to do with myself, and I was in a worse position that I’m in now, both financially and psychologically.

Weird feeling number 4: I’m not a nerd, but people keep yelling at me for using ‘ten cent’ words. These are words like ‘conducive’ and ‘unsubstantiated’ and ‘textured vegetable protein.’ I need to get back to New York, where people understand that the four main food groups are Fruits/Veggies, Dairy/Cheeses, Eggs/Nuts/Soy, and Guinness.
Which, incidentally brings me to the point of the dog that someone who works at the theatre, presumably, brought to rehearsal today. This dog was a 9-month-old black lab named Guinness, which made me wish I could have a dog to name Guinness. Is it plagiary to steal someone’s dog’s name?

And why the HELL is Plagiary spelled like that?!

I also have to make sure I take this time to say thank-you to Evan for selling his computer and iPod to me for cheap. It’s saving my life down here. Ohmigod.

Sorry this entry has amounted to nothing. I’m just a little low on creative juice. I’ve been using all of it to create three distinctive slack-jawed yokels with varying degrees of oral decay for this show I’m doing (as well as a black slave and two random people). It’s taking a lot more of my mental energy than I would ever have been able to imagine. I think maybe if I read some other stuff I’ll come up with some things that make me want to write more.

Oh! That reminds me! I’m going to send a letter, soon, to Sketchers. Just wait.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives