Friday, October 08, 2004

 
Today: Where I've been for the last month or so...

Well, as you may have guessed, I haven't had regular enough computer access to do any blogging. *Boo*

Fortunately, I've bought Evan's old (well, only sorta old) iBook, so now I'll have acces always *Yay*

I don't really know where to begin, I have so much stuff to talk about.

Well, I guess for starters, I wake up this month in Virginia Beach. I'm doing the show Big River down here, which is fun. I'm playing 'The Young Fool,' among others, which is sure to be a cathartic experience. I'm also living almost directly ON the beach, which is sure nice. The people I'm working with are sweet and fun to be around, so I'm really enjoying the whole situation. Not to mention the pay scale is pretty nice. On the whole, this situation is pretty idyllic.

The only frustrating things have been the Net and The Nanny. Allow me to explain:

First: The internet has been IMPOSSIBLE to get on. Not for any other reason than because I'm on a Mac now, which isn't automatically bundled with 300 different little dialup interfaces. I'm not in an area where there are too many good free wireless zones, so I've had to use the ancient 'modem' device that's inside the computer (modem: an ancient device used to connect to the internet which requires a 'cable' to plug into a "PHONE JACK" in the wall. HAHAHA...how old). Anyway, I'm talking to Jimmy, lamenting the lack of wireless signal, and he says 'why don't you use my Juno account.' I'm like 'Sweet!'

So, he gives me all of the password and login name stuff and I'm all 'Cool' and he's like 'but wait!' He tells me that in order to log on, ou have to get the Juno springboard softwear. "Dude" I say dejectedly.

This, of course starts a long annoying two days where I try everything in my bag of tricks to get that piece of softwear on my computer. Finally, my friend Brandon comes and visits and he agrees to take me hunting for wireless signals. Finally, I downloaded the stupid softwear bite. I come home to find out that the thing doesn't work because the account is supposedly a free account instead of a pay account, which is odd, of course, because Jimmy is paying $10 a month for access to "Juno Platinum" which comes with service that more suggests brass or tin. To make a long story short, it turns out that Jimmy actually has two accounts with Juno, but he was so frustrated that he canceled both and I had to start my own accout, which was easy enough, but the whole situation made me want to throw things.

Verdict: I hate Juno.

Second: The Nanny. Okay, so, at the risk of being an asshole, I've realized that I don't really like the Long Island accent. Recently, though, before I left to come down to New York I was dating this guy who shall remain nameless) who had a pretty thick LI accent. Now, let me say, first, that he is a wonderful guy and very attractive and quite sweet. With that said, however, his accent made me crazy after about the second date. I was cruelly joking with my room mate that he sounded like Fran Drescher, who, if you don't remember, is the Nanny.

I should never have said that. After saying that, I have not been able to escape either references to the show or to Fran Drescher herself. First, I heard that it was Fran Drescher's birthday, randomly on the radio. Then, at the airport, talking with my co-worker, I found out that that's his favorite show. Then, finally, upon arriving, found out that a certain network shows the Nanny about once every 3 hours. Now, the show is actually quite funny, I've realized, but here in VA where the house of homos I live with watches ONLY the Lifetime network, it wears thin. I'm at my Nanny end. Honestly, I have seen probably 6 hours of Nanny since I've been here. Of course, I've also seen a fair ammount of Golden Girls, too, but I love them.

Verdict: No more Nanny.

You say, of course 'Matt, you could just NOT watch the TV,' but then you'd just be proving how little you know me.

Anyone who knows me, knows that the TV is my Kryptonite. I am completely dumb struck and unable to be a productive member of the universe when there's a TV around. Simply: I'm halted almost completely by flashing lights. I think it's because I never watched TV when I was a child. Sad, really.

Anyway, that's where I'm at right now. I don't have rehearsal until 7, so I think I'm gonna hit the beach.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives