Tuesday, January 11, 2005

 
Today: Defining to undefine.

Today's goal was to be really honest emotionally with everyone I encountered. There were specific people I had to be honest with, and I can't help but think it might be one of the smarter decisions I've ever made.

It's really tough to be open and honest about how we feel because it's such a metacognitive process. Sometimes, by the time I tell someone how I'm feeling, I start to feel differently. And sometimes half way through telling someone that I like them I realize I don't, or visa versa.

I confess, though, I'm not sure where 'exclusively dating' ends and 'relationship' begins or where 'hook up' ends and 'friends with benefits' ends. (Yes, I said 'ends' twice, on purpose.)

I do know where my line is, though. And I’ve drawn it. And, to add one final cryptic note, people have all acted really appropriately.

I cried for a little while tonight. It felt wonderful.

Comments:
Just know you are loved, Matt,by people who REALLY count in your life
 
I'm glad I know someone who knows what they are talking about, I just wish we talked more and that you still lived at home
 
Glad to have you back. It was a long spell without your comments!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives