Friday, January 07, 2005

 
Today: Jobless and Happy

I wasn't originally going to talk about it, but I think it's really kind of important to understanding why I've been really dead to the world for the past two months.

I was a waiter for about 2 months. Well, for now, that's over. I got fired on New Year's Day.

Now, stop, don't say 'oh, I'm sorry,'

Because I'm not: I’m ecstatic.

Of course, there is money that I won't be making. And of course I got FIRED, which sucks. But the circumstances surrounding my termination are shady at best (it's a long annoying story that I will not bother to recount) and it's not like I’m going to use that management staff for references anyway. Most of them are on my shitlist as people to begin with.

Anyway, the real reason I'm writing is to let y'all know the reason I'm happy about this change. Like so many other times in my life, I had convinced myself that this job was something that I not only needed, but WANTED.

When it finally came down to it, and they told me they were letting me go, I was so relieved. I never really wanted that job to begin with. It was long hours, hard work, the management was all over the place and I couldn't even eat the food (it was a seafood restaurant and I'm a vegetarian of 7 years--no fish for me). All in all, just not the kind of place I wanna be in.

I may want to get into waiting tables again, and soon. But for now, I'm happy to say that as of right now, I only have one job, and it doesn't ever include asking if they like their tuna black and blue.

Comments:
Well,

At least you're not working at that liquor store you were working at when you first moved to the city.

-mike
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives