Monday, January 31, 2005

 
Today: SOMETHING RAW

As we all know, I'm an actor.

This means that occasionally, I do shows. Right now, I'm doing a great theatre festival called "Raw Impressions Musical Theatre # 16"

Premise:

8 composers and 8 writers who have never met are paired on a Friday evening.
They are given guidelines in creating a new 10 minute music theatre piece.
The first draft is sight read by 10 actor/singers that Sunday afternoon.
3 days for rewrites.
4 days for rehearsal
They present the new pieces to the public a week after the first reading

The Theme:

Create a 5-10 piece based on one of the writings your fellow participants have given you about a moment in their life when they made a dangerous choice. You may make that moment literal, or figuratively inspired by the story. The moment must be sung. The action of the scene must take place afloat - on the water, in the sky, in the womb, wherever you want, but afloat.

Raw Impressions has presented 148 new 10 minute musicals in 4 seasons.

I went to my first read through last night and I can tell you that this is going to be GREAT!!!

And also very funny.

You can visit the Raw Impressions website directly to find more informatoin about what Raw Impressions Does (they also have a film division: RIP FEST)

EVEN BETTER: Come See it!!!!

Details:
RIMT #16 Monday-Wednesday February 7th, 8th, and 9th.
All shows 7:00 & 9:30pm
HERE Arts Center
145 Sixth Ave @ Spring St.

Tickets are ONLY: $15
buy online at SmartTix.com
or by phone: (212) 868-4444

I REALLY hope y'all can come out to see it. It's going to be a great show, and I think that YOU (whoever you are) will enjoy it!

Comments:
Hmmm, well, Indiana is a little out of the way to travel from, and until I get my vacation pay, a little expensive too. I'm still planning on visiting sometime though.

~mike h
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives