Tuesday, January 24, 2006

 
Today: Late to work.

As usual, I’ve taken my sweet time to get myself get into work. Oops. They won’t fire me, though, because they’re about to institute a policy that asks servers to come in a half an hour later than we were expected. Saves money on the times that we’re just standing around. Goody.

So, people are now asking where this rage comes from. My standard response is ‘have you read a newspaper in the last 20 years?’ But seriously, I just think it’s time for more people on our side to be angry and speak the fuck up. They have an army of loudmouths; we have…no one. And we’re always trying to play it safe and take the high road. Fuck the high road. My ethical superiority won’t feed my poor neighbors. My ethical superiority won’t get me the right to marry. My ethical superiority is completely impotent if I don’t bluster and rage on my blog every once in a while. Well, even then. It’s just one blog sitting here on the web…doing nothing.

I wish I had time to join one of the various groups that try actively to combat the right-wing terror machine, but unfortunately, I’m too busy being working poor, which, I know, is what they want.

“What do you know about politics?” Another friend asked me, following up with ‘sounds like a lot of opinions’ in reaction to some of my political blogging. You wanna tell me what in politics ISN’T opinion? I do my best only to read policy. I do my best only to read news stories that tell me what’s actually being entered into law, not just who says what at which political dinner. The person suggested I attended those sorts of meetings so I could ‘learn something’ about the political system. Pardon me, but I don’t think I’d learn anything from being talked down to or buttered up by a politician. It would, of course, figure that he’s a republican, this friend who said this, wouldn’t it?

So, yeah, invite me to dinner. Let me the fuck at them. Until then, I’m going to rant on my blog loudly enough for a few people to tell their friends, hopefully long enough to get someone important to see that I’m one of the millions of angry young people that knows we’re inheriting the last generation’s quagmire--maybe the worst one yet.

PS: It’s not a full time job being this angry, but it usually takes having a full time job that doesn’t pay all the bills.

Comments:
Best. Postscript. Ever.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives